Monday, May 21, 2007

Black Crowes and Lobsters

Here in Canada it is a long, holiday weekend. Woo hoo! I'm in a bit of a Black Crowes mood today (which probably totally dates me, but whatever!!) and I am completely rocking out to "The Southern Harmony and Musical Companion". I love, love, love this CD! That is neither here nor there, but it is almost summer-like outside and the warmth and sunshine have perked me up, so the music fits the mood! :) Friends of ours in the neighbourhood have an East Coast connection and on Saturday we had a bit of a lobster-fest at our house. The lobsters were caught off Prince Edward Island on Thursday and then the wives of the trappers stayed up all night cooking the poor wee things! Friday they hit the road and we had them for our Saturday festivities. My parents came up and then my friend and her family came over - bringing along the lobsters. It was such a great day - much happiness all around! Now, I don't actually "do" lobster and neither does my friend's husband, so I went to our butcher and got some really fantastic steaks! Mmmm!! My friend's daughters (ages 10 and 7) were fascinated by the concept of 'surf 'n turf' and enjoyed having both steak and lobster! Ahh, good food, a close family and great friends - that is a what long weekends were made for!!
Cheers!

1 comment:

La- said...

This sounds like the ideal weekend... awesome!!! I hope you have a nice weekend this weekend.. this weekend is our long weekend here!

La-